Production Staffing Coordinator, Global Broadcast & Events
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly-skilled, enthusiastic, tenacious, and impeccably-organized production staffing coordinator for its global events and broadcast teams. The position will report to the manager, business operations, global broadcast & events operations.
The primary focus of this role is to expertly and precisely manage time-card submission, tracking, and accounting in support of the broadcast production employer of record. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual with outstanding communication abilities and experience in automated payroll systems. This position may occasionally require a flexible schedule to accommodate night and weekend work in line with the production schedule.
- Manage weekly approval and submission of contractor timesheets and expenses to ensure payments are made on time and for the accurate amount.
- Coordinate and facilitate new vendor onboarding and I9 verification.
- Create and manage project creation and payroll workflows within digital timecard management system.
- Support financial operations related to employer of record payroll including invoicing, coding, budgeting, reconciliation, reporting, and projections, working closely with Blizzard’s accounts payable team and the broadcast & events business operations team.
- Partner with employer of record to analyze, report on, document, and improve production payroll systems and business processes.
- Develop and facilitate training for production team members and staff on employer of record requirements, processes, and best practices.
- Perform continuous quality checks on timesheets to ensure they are entered correctly per the specific regional, project, and contractor requirements
- Request and monitor payroll adjustments to rectify payment imbalances and other concerns.
- Partner with studio manager and production managers to maintain visibility and accurate records of staff schedules and attendance.
- Partner with human resources to request, track, and manage contractor systems access and hardware requirements.
- Configure, update, and maintain user access and permissions within the broadcast and events teams’ shared systems including Box.com, OneDrive, and more.
- Prepare thoughtful, informative, and supportive written & verbal communications to internal and external contacts.
- Support the business operations team with data entry and analysis as needed.
- Handle other administrative or operational duties as needed.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a payroll processing or payroll accounting role preferably in the broadcast or entertainment industry
- Comfortable with occasional night and weekend work in line with the production schedule
- Working knowledge of state/federal labor regulations, with an emphasis on CA labor laws
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal errors
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Quick learner with self-starting, self-motivated personality
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Able to evaluate, organize and report information in a clear and succinct manner
- Problem-solving skills to eliminate issues and improve processes and efficiencies
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel; Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience working in the broadcast or entertainment industry
- A passion for gaming
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top