Product Manager, Digital Technology - Call of Duty World League
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League. ABEL is uniquely positioned to create long term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Leading the charge, the Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history. Similarly, the Call of Duty World League team successfully launched the Global Pro League and has continued to grow the already popular Call of Duty esports scene.
- Drives digital product vision, strategy, and technical requirements to meet business goals.
- Author critical program management specifications, roadmaps, and related deliverables.
- Responsible for web, mobile, and OTT products related to the Call of Duty World League (CWL).
- Primary point of contact for all CWL stakeholders regarding product development, priorities, and timelines.
- Gathers requirements and build consensus from all stakeholders.
- Responsible for partnering with development and design resources to ensure goals, requirements, and timelines are being met.
- Balance competing requirements and dependencies with internal and external teams.
- Partner closely with the content publishing team to develop publishing solutions across the CWL product suite.
- Drive change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Own the full product life cycle including ideation, documentation, consensus building, budgeting, and execution.
- Utilize user research and data to make product strategy decisions.
- Become a deep, functional expert in building a world class esports league.
- Bachelor’s Degree equivalent experience
- 3- 5 years’ experience as a program manager, product manager, or similar working on widely used customer-facing products or web applications
- Experience in Sports or Entertainment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Passion for esports
Back to top