Principal Program Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Principal Program Manager to own and drive the strategy, execution, and adoption of Battle.net’s software development life cycle. As a Principal Program Manager, you will act as a champion for continuous improvement while architecting world class processes and tools that maximize the efficiency, predictability, and visibility of our development teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a portfolio of product development teams (20+ teams) through all aspects of the product lifecycle including planning, implementation, testing, release, and operations. By blending your product management experience with your technical and design know-how you will empower a department of hundreds of world class Engineers, Program Managers, and Designers to create epic entertainment experiences. Battle.net is a large organization that is fast paced and mission critical. Success in this role won’t come easy but for the right person, it could be the opportunity of a lifetime.
What you will be doing
- Establish vision – Working alongside Battle.net’s teams, you will establish a uniquely Blizzard vision for Battle.net’s Agile evolution, development process, and enterprise tooling, aligning the organization with the team’s goals
- Identify opportunities - Using your problem-solving skills and experience in software development you will identify gaps, inconsistencies and inefficiencies in our existing processes and tooling
- Architect solutions – You will leverage your creativity and problem-solving skills to define new processes and tools that address the opportunities you identified
- Build consensus and drive adoption – Given the solutions you defined, you will build consensus and drive consistent adoption of new processes and tooling across a large organization full of opinionated people used to doing things their own way
- Measure success and iterate – To quantify how well we’re doing on all the above, you will create reports and dashboards that measure our success in a way that enables us to further iterate and improve
What we require from you
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience managing end-to-end releases of a well-known software product
- Detailed knowledge of software lifecycle and engineering best practices
- Agile coaching and training expertise with a faculty for designing and facilitating large-scale ceremonies
- Strong understanding of project management and release management methodologies
- Experience developing status reports and project dashboards across portfolio, product, and team layers of an organization
- Ability to be highly influential and coordinate cross-functional work
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- Drive for continuous improvement for yourself and your teams
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
- Capable of setting and prioritizing multi-year goals while delivering short-term iterative value
- High attention to detail with an emphasis towards being driven by data
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence
- Agile Certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, PMI-ACP, etc)
- Experience with report visualization tools such as Tableau
- Cover Letter which should include answers to the following questions:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What is the biggest reason projects fail?
- What three products did you manage/lead from a Program/Release Management perspective?
- What is the difference between Management and Leadership?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top