Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize and work to improve our games.
As part of Blizzard operations, the International West Emerging Markets team will search out, prioritize and work with key stakeholders to implement growth opportunities across our international markets. In doing so the team will play a critical role in the development of international business and operational roadmaps, linking growth opportunities to key investments that build upon the success of our games and support Blizzard’s franchise strategies. This team will work closely with global marketing teams to support new products or expansions to market, evaluating and providing guidance on key aspects of publishing strategies, preparing return on investment analysis, and providing pin-pointed appraisals of new launches or game-critical changes.
Our team is currently looking for a talented Public Relations (PR) Manager to develop the PR & communication strategy for the Russia/CIS and MEA regions. This role will work closely and collaboratively with regional publishing leaders, global publishing, and the franchise development team to support franchise priorities and goals.
- Drive PR strategies across the Russia/CIS and MEA regions and manage the local execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch and post-launch phases
- Produce and execute creative PR strategies and campaigns for the Russia/CIS and MEA regions markets in line with the global strategy
- Maintain and further develop Blizzard’s relationship with the Russia/CIS and MEA regions media (enthusiast, mainstream, broadcast…) and influencers
- Provide counsel to leadership regarding incoming media requests
- Prepare local specific communication for approval and general distribution
- Correspond with the media as a representative of Blizzard Entertainment, as needed
- Organize, execute and participate in press conferences and press tours
- Prepare, execute and participate in large-scale consumer and trade events
- Interface with the global Blizzard PR team to gather data and craft messaging for the Russia/CIS and MEA markets
- Demo Blizzard Entertainment games to media
- Provide regular feedback and reporting to the global PR team in English
- Manage local distributors’ PR teams as well as local agencies as needed and regularly provide press cuttings and metrics from local media
- Write and edit articles for local markets
- Frequent travel, writing projects and other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ PR experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Russian and English
- Established media (enthusiast, mainstream, broadcast…) and influencer contacts in Russia/CIS (MEA regions are considered a bonus)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top