Player Relations Coordinator
The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. It is slated to launch this winter.
We’re seeking an experienced Player Relations Coordinator to join the Overwatch League who is passionate about the video gaming and sports industries, player communities, and communication. The person in this role will work with teams and players to ensure the Overwatch League is providing a top tier experience for its players.
- Develop deep, genuine, and collaborative relationships with teams and individual players on behalf of the league
- Work proactively with players and team management to address all issues in a timely fashion
- Gather feedback from players and managers to continuously improve events, rules, game play, in-competition features and any pertinent information and report back to League Operations
- Provide players, teams, and team managers with league updates regarding changes, rules adjustments, or any other pertinent news
- Ensure day-of logistics run smoothly for team travel, accommodations, schedules, media, and promotional events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal Marketing and other League departments to ensure appropriate promotional and media obligations are met
- 1+ years’ experience working in esports or other live events and/or league
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Impeccable organizational, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- An individual with a passion for Blizzard Entertainment games is highly encouraged, and will be prioritized
- Experience with setting up travel and accommodations
- Experience with talent management
- Experience in a game or entertainment company
- Experience in project management
- A passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top