Overwatch Social Media Manager
Social media is an important part of Blizzard Entertainment’s communication strategies. We are looking for an experienced contributor who’s passionate about community development, social media, innovative brand communication, gaming communities, the FPS genre, and (of course) Overwatch.
This role will help refine and execute strategies to develop our Overwatch brand online, grow our social channels, increase content reach and engagement, leverage user generated content, and optimize social spend. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, with a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts and social media marketing in the entertainment industry.
- Contribute to the design and execution of all North America community development programs for Overwatch.
- Write tweets, blogs, forum posts and other customer-facing pieces of written content.
- Manage communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard and communicate on behalf of the Overwatch across multiple channels.
- Working with management, contribute to the creation of high impact social media campaigns.
- Optimize social media efforts to maximize post and campaign success.
- Partner with the other teams within Blizzard publishing, such as public relations (PR), marketing, production, web, licensing, and customer support for large social initiatives.
- Lead social listening efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities.
- Study performance data to help diagnose opportunities for continuous improvement and to help contextualize data for channel reporting.
- Serve as an internal champion and expert in social policy as it relates to employees, user generated content, privacy, contests and campaigns, etc.
- Actively contribute to social media risk and crisis management.
- Support team knowledge and innovation within social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies.
- Represent the voice of our players in internal conversations.
- Analyze and report on team performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing social media channels and content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet
- A minimum of 5 years’ experiencing writing copy for social media
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with third party relationship management
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics
- An expert-level understanding of the social media landscape
- An expert-level understanding of memes
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Social media certifications (such as YouTube Certified)
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter that includes:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Example of a publicly available social media campaign you managed
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top