Outsource Supervisor, Environments - World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
World of Warcraft
Job Title: Outsource Supervisor, Environments - World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R004210
An Outsource Supervisor will work on maintaining the vision set forth by the Art Leads and Art Directors as it relates to outsourcing 3D architecture for World of Warcraft. Including dungeon, raids, cities, and additional architectural assets.
The ideal candidate is experienced in creating and giving feedback on game architecture (both interiors and exteriors) including modeling, UV mapping, texturing, and lighting). You will also have a solid grasp of architecture fundamentals.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Drive outsource development by scheduling and tracking incoming/outgoing assets.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to artists and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Art Directors, Art Leads, Production, Design, and other departments
- 5+ years of experience in game development creating environment art (props, foliage, architecture)
- Experience with lighting environments and architecture
- Organized, great follow-through, self-driven, and team player
- Clear and concise communication, leadership, and people skills
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Collaborate closely with Visual Development/Concept Artists
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya and Photoshop
- Portfolio website
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top