Outsource Supervisor, Character Art
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, the gothic, and the macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented character artist to help set the foundation for outsourcing character related art. This position requiring hands on creation, feedback, management, and engine integration of outsourced character art. The ideal candidate can give precise feedback, in many cases providing demonstrations on how to implement feedback and direct external artists to successful results. You must also be an experienced enough to hit our internal standards on characters from start to finish. You will make art and teach others how to meet our internal standards.
- Manage communication, provide feedback to artists, and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Personally create high quality models, materials, weapons when needed.
- Work closely with the art director, art leads, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs.
- Coordinate with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Identify and research possible vendors.
- Travel may be necessary to help train and coach approved vendors.
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Strong character, weapon, and environment modeling experience and skills a must
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console title as an environment, character, or technical artist
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in an art director or lead artist role
- Fluency in a language other than English, including Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, or Russian
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top