Operations and Tools Lead (C++ and C#), Battle.net Game Service
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Operations and Tools Lead to join our Battle.net Game Service (BGS) team!
The BGS team develops the services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, to World of Warcraft, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, BGS is there to answer the call with effectiveness, and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge player engagement.
When you login, or send a friend request, or a whisper or chat, alongside millions of other players simultaneously within one of our rich virtual worlds, BGS is there. When you use Voice chat in Overwatch, or check your profile statistics on Playoverwatch.com, we are the team that makes those things possible in service to our players.
- Manage and improve the processes and tools by which Battle.net builds, validates, and deploys services to development and production environments.
- Oversees operational picture of deployed services including operational documentation and service health monitoring.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives.
- Participate in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, and system tuning.
- Cooperate with internal and external parties to resolve live issues and help determine and document root cause.
- Document and share best practices with engineers across Blizzard
- Manage, support, and guide the careers of a varied workforce of tools, automation, and operations engineers.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, including experience with Linux systems and tools.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Strong, proven C++ and C# skills.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps practices, principles and technologies
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly.
- Experience with automation and modern CI technologies.
- Experience with build servers and pipelines.
- Experience working with public cloud APIs and technology.
- A passion for both video games, and technology.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top