Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale. We provide guidance on the usual variety of HR topics, but our also group extends to include internal communications, talent & organizational development, internal mobility, global rewards, wellness, talent acquisition, philanthropy, and of course some of the most talented and creative HR business partners around, all dedicated to fostering the best work experience possible for our fellow employees.
We are looking for a talented Office Manager to join our team in The Hague. You will be looking at our overall office workflow, ensuring that we are following current best practices and set up in the most scalable way possible. If you are an extrovert looking to have an impact and be known as a Get Stuff Done person, this is the role for you.
Responsibilities for this role cover two main areas:
- Work proactively and independently on office maintenance and beautification
- Coordinate small building and team construction and moves and acts as main point of contact for specialized vendors / contractors
- Track, follow, and close service desk tickets with multiple vendors
- May execute projects of moderate scope under general supervision
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems
- Assignments given with general information outlined to meet project objectives
- Must be able to communicate Blizzard protocol to contractors, interact with building landlords and corporate Facilities and Security team and coordinate with department heads
- Handle other duties as needed
- Maintain presence in the reception area and serve as the primary point of contact for employees and guests during the operating hours from 9:00AM to 6:00PM
- Manage office and event supply inventory
- Plan meetings and conference calls, including calls across multiple time zones around the globe
- Assist in organizing various special meetings, team activities, merchandise distribution, and special events
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail distribution
- Cultivate and maintain a pleasant and productive office environment
- 3+ years’ experience working in facilities, or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative role
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Experience as an office manager
- Experience in a game or entertainment company
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top