Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high-performing and versatile Network Administrator to join the IT Events team. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career. You’ll be joining a small technical team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and eSports concentrating on supporting our Global Broadcast team.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments and studio productions to epic scale events like BlizzCon. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Manage and administer the local Network infrastructure used by our Global Broadcast team.
- Travel to event locations globally to ensure flawless execution.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
- Ensure strict network security to protect sensitive and proprietary information.
- Assist Desktop and System disciplines in set up and deployment.
- Work with internal Blizzard IT teams to integrate new network architecture and connectivity.
- Work with Development teams to prepare and administer event game services.
- A minimum of 3 years’ in Network Administration or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers and WAN technologies.
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ/etc., VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc. in a distributed environment.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN technologies - T1/E1, Frame, OC3, DS3/E3, MPLS, DWDM
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall clusters or Palo Alto Network firewalls.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus, 7000’s, 5000’s, 2000’s, 3000’s, VDC’s/VRF’s, VSS, Catalyst 6500 and access layer switches.
- Understanding of routing protocols - BGP(iBGP/eBGP), EIGRP
- Experience with enterprise wireless networking technologies and deployments.
- Familiarity with packet analysis (Clearsight, Wireshark)
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- A passion for video games.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 45 lbs.
- Experience working in a broadcast environment
- Systems Administration experience and familiarity working with Windows Server and Linux
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Network Certifications (CCNA/CCNP)
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top