Mid/Sr Technical Artist – Unannounced Project
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Mid/Sr Technical Artist - Unannounced Project
Requisition ID: R002110
Do you want to collaborate with world class artists to develop the artistic look, feel, and tone of a brand-new project? Are you ready to work with industry leading engineers to develop truly ambitious runtime and performance solutions? Do you come to work eager to help your team function more effectively and efficiently? Are you excited about the challenges posed by PBR lighting and shading for stylized AAA titles?
If so, Blizzard is looking for you, a highly skilled, motivated, and proactive technical artist or senior technical artist to help us bring our worlds to life.
We will entrust you with
- Teaming up with other artists to help develop the look of the project using expertise in PBR rendering, shading, and lighting.
- Collaborating with engineering to optimize runtime performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Helping design the pipelines and workflows for mesh, texture, material, and lighting authoring.
- Joining the tech art team in supporting all developers with technical and artistic expertise where appropriate.
- Becoming a communication bridge between art, design, engineering, and production.
You bring with you
- A strong technical mindset with experience bringing artistic visions to life.
- Deep understanding of Physically Based Rendering pipelines, workflows, and constraints.
- Experience writing shaders with languages such as HLSL and GLSL.
- Experience in art workflow development.
- Strong technical problem-solving ability.
- Deep understanding of production-level art creation.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with procedural content creation tools, such as Substance Designer and Houdini.
- Hands on experience helping design teams resolve challenging technical problems.
- Familiarity writing tools in Python for DCC applications such as Maya, Photoshop, and Perforce.
- Hands on experience writing C++.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!
Back to top