Marketing Manager, World of Warcraft
In close cooperation with digital marketing, public relations, community management, sales, finance, game project managers, local marketing managers, and other teams, the marketing manager will lead all marketing activities around his/her brands, to maximize our business in Europe. This position will report to the Regional Publishing Director World of Warcraft, Europe and is based in Versailles, France.
Working within a franchise-dedicated team integrating marketing, public relations, game project management and community management, the marketing manager drives strategies aimed at maximizing the business around his/her brands in Europe by:
- Contributing to the definition of the business model in Europe (pricing, languages, etc.).
- Generating and following up on sales forecast (in partnership with sales and finance).
- Writing and maintaining marketing plans, budgets, and calendars.
- Initiating and developing key market activities, as well as consulting on them toward various involved stakeholders (European management, HQ marketing, etc.).
- Leading and supporting the action of local marketing managers concerning his/her brands.
- Initiating and following up on media plans (in partnership with digital marketing).
- Setting up and managing dashboards and KPIs to track the performance of marketing actions.
- Managing the Brand Manager for World of Warcraft.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of consumer marketing/brand management experience within gaming-, internet-, technology-, advertising-, or consumer products-related industries, with experience and knowledge of European game markets
- Creative “think outside the box” mind-set, and ability to turn creative ideas into actionable integrated marketing campaigns and maximize go-to-market impact
- Solid experience in the use of consumer insight (business intelligence, market research) and applying it to developing brand/product strategies and innovative campaigns
- Strong project management and go-to-market program management experience
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively, including strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passion for marketing and creativity a must
- Experienced World of Warcraft player
- Passion for games (PC, mobile, console)/online entertainment services or web user experience; experience with Blizzard games
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top