Manager, Project Management
Manager, Project Management
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic manager to lead Marketing tools and technology initiatives.
As a manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of project managers in enabling our business partners to achieve their goals through the implementation of global publishing tools & technology projects.
You will also be hands-on with technology recommendation & selection, vendor & budget management, managing the portfolio of your team’s projects and leading your own projects as an individual contributor.
As an ideal candidate, you must enjoy seeing a project from inception to completion and delivering projects on time with the highest quality and customer satisfaction. Have 3 years of experience in managing other project managers that are leading technology delivery; focused on cloud based SAAS vendor managed professional services engagements. You should have experience across multiple project management methodologies, share passion for our games, and understand the nature of publishing work.
- Execution of publishing technology initiatives utilizing, internal, vendor, or contractor resources
- Management and mentoring of project managers
- Contribute to PMO tools, best practices and methodology development
- Vendor & budget management, RFP, SOW, and contract management
- Ensure adequate portfolio documentation and tracking
- Lead project performance analysis to ensure continuous improvement
- Own large scale high impact projects as needed
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in project management, including global initiatives, custom development, and cloud based vendor software implementations
- A minimum of 3 years managing program managers, project managers, and analysts
- A minimum of 2 years in marketing, social, or broadcast technology
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Project Management Professional (PMP certified)
- Certifications or experience with Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, and PRINCE2
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills through multiple levels of management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Publishing project management experience
- Project management experience with global impact
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Passion for Blizzard games
- Passion for and familiarity with brand communications and marketing
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- What games you are currently playing
- Examples of some of the most impactful projects you have managed
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top