Manager, Programmatic Media
Manager, Programmatic Media
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
Blizzard’s North America Paid Media team is seeking a talented candidate to tackle the objectives of bringing in and retaining players to through various programmatic marketing channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of creativity and quantitative skills, with proven experience in getting the most out of our marketing technology and marketing insights.
The Programmatic Media Manager will plan, execute, and manage programmatic display and video campaigns for the North America Region. This role will analyze large datasets to fine tune and optimize many campaigns across Blizzard IP and other core functions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Paid Media Strategy and Planning team to develop plans, budgets and mix with other media channels to maximize programmatic reach and efficiency
- Execute and optimize a variety of campaigns; evergreen and content launches
- Contribute to buying and optimization strategies to drive cost-effective, high quality app installs and pc downloads while managing to a budget and KPI.
- Regularly review and manage key marketing strategies with programmatic partners
- Support with development and implement testing strategies leveraging our marketing tech stack, inclusive of the DMP and advanced data modeling/analytics.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics to track traffic and conversion rates to enable continuous improvement for mobile and PC user acquisition strategy.
- Optimize targeting, creative, marketing messages, marketing spend, bids and budget allocation.
- Manage and own relationships with vendors and third party services.
- Manage a team of buyers with variance degree of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years experience buying media programmatically on desktop and mobile for the gaming industry or from a DSP, SSP or RTB platform
- A detail oriented, analytical mindset with understanding of digital marketing metrics including CTR, Conversion Rate, CPA and ROAS among other core KPIs
- Good communication skills, both written and oral as well as strong presentation skills
- Excellent at Excel; at least proficient with other MS Office products.
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Tune, Sizmek and at least (1) DMP; understanding how to syndicate and leverage data from the DMP to DSPs and otherwise
- Flexible work hours, weekend and evening work will be required from time to time
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top