Manager, Network Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a solid and hands-on Network Manager to join our China Network team for championing the service availability working with other engineering teams across Blizzard and our partners ensuring our games, online services and corporate services are always reachable and stable. The position will be based in Shanghai and report to the Operations Director of Blizzard China, dotted line to Network Engineering Director in Blizzard HQ.
- Attract, hire, mentor and level up top talents of the Network Engineers
- Ensure that infrastructure is operational and meeting the needs of Blizzard always.
- Ensure that all services provide accurate and effective telemetry
- Deploy and maintain both production and corporate network infrastructure
- Respond to and resolve live service issues including following-the-sun rotation and on-demand for severe outages
- Work with global technical teams and management team on optimizing network services
- Investigating/researching new technologies including software and hardware based on operational requirements
- Establish and maintain relationship with ISP, Internet Carriers and Vendors
- Build up strong connections with HQ and our local partners
- A minimum of 10 years IT/Internet work experience, gaming company preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ network engineer experience with minimum of 2 years people management/lead experience
- Advanced knowledge of H/W architecture of various Network Hardware from Cisco, A10 or Arista
- Extensive experience with network protocols including EIGRP/OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Superior troubleshooting skills and proven experience in the past work
- Unrelenting champion of service availability and reliability to ensure 99.9% uptime
- Good experience on one of the following IOS/IOS-XR/NX-OS/Junos
- Professional or Expert-level network certification (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE, etc.)
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Experience with load balancer solution
- Knowledge and experience of public and private peering
- Passionate gamer and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Good understanding of Internet Service Provider and IDC environment and operations
- Able to effectively discuss, translate, and describe highly complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to lead, inspire, and develop people.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace high demand work environment
- Good written and verbal Chinese and English communication
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top