Manager, Mobile Game Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional leader & strategic thinker who will build & implement the analytics strategy for future mobile games.
You will work in partnership with many teams around Blizzard, including Game Development, Marketing, Finance, and others, to determine just how analytics can create an epic experience for our players on mobile devices. You will apply your rich subject matter expertise and experience working in mobile-game analytics to serve as both a technical & strategy leader, working to develop logging specs, staffing requirements, research prioritization, and more.
Our ideal candidate is excited to continuously learn from the many professionals here at Blizzard while also ready to bring learnings that can advance not just our mobile analytics efforts, but our analytics efforts as a whole.
- Develop and manage towards a data analytics vision for mobile games
- Manage implementation of logging specs & other foundational technical requirements
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver insight-driven analysis to inform and shape decisions
- Partner with the senior leadership of Blizzard and game development teams to understand strategic priorities and operational needs
- Build, manage, and professionally develop a multidisciplinary team of analytics professionals all focused on mobile games
- Collaborate with other Blizzard game and discipline-based analytical teams
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current mobile game news and trends
- Stay abreast of global video game industry business trends and proactively consider implications for Blizzard
- Proven ability to deliver results and impact.
- Successful record of building and mentoring high-performing analytical teams.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with analytics, strategic problem solving, and delivering results to stakeholders. Minimum 4 years’ experience with mobile-game analytics specifically.
- Exemplary professional communication skills.
- Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in analytical best practices.
- Deep understanding of the video games industry and mobile games specifically
- MBA or other advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
- Considerable experience as a player of mobile games
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top