Manager, Human Resources
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced and innovative human resources manager to join our human resources team in Irvine, CA. This role will be part of the HR story & franchise development team and will be responsible for assisting in all functional areas of human resources. This position will report to the Human Resource Director supporting story & franchise development.
- Serve as a dedicated resource to the cinematic team by helping to create a supportive and innovative HR programs to suit the team’s initiatives
- Assess, deliver, and facilitate human resources programs, employee communications, management/leadership development, performance management/talent planning, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
- Help drive succession planning and individual development plans with team leaders.
- Responsible for supporting the team’s employee opinion survey efforts by helping create and drive the action plans.
- Provide coaching to management and employees to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organization changes and business plans.
- Implement human resources policies and ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Coordinate performance reviews, merit increases, performance and bonus plans.
- Help to maintain and grow the presence and effectiveness of human resources.
- As needed, complete administrative tasks for the team you support.
- A minimum of 8 years’ progressive experience in human resource generalist roles
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies and how to practically apply to varied employee segments
- Strong background in California employment law
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and decision making skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Creative problem solving / process improvement mindset – contribute ideas for making things more efficient and / or higher quality
- Talent for diplomatic, unbiased communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated business-based mindset through delivery of human resources services
- Comfortable and experienced in presenting to executives
- Ability to influence and guide leaders towards the best course of action
- Able to excel in an ever-changing environment using an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience working in entertainment and with creative talent
- PHR or SPHR certification for California preferred
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top