Manager, Finance and Accounting, Overwatch League
The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. It is slated to launch this winter.
Overwatch League is looking for a manager of finance and accounting to immediately join our finance team in Irvine. This position will focus on management of all general accounting functions, preparation of budgets and forecast and preparation of financial reporting packages for the League. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial planning and analysis. In addition, auditing and Hyperion experience is a plus.
- Oversee accounting processes for the league’s general ledger and sub ledgers
- Ensure stringent internal financial control and propose improvements in all accounting processes and practices
- Drive accurate and timely month / quarterly end closings
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including but not limited to monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts, annual budgets, and long range plans
- Prepare financial reporting to be provided to league management as well as team owners
- Work with international affiliates on accounting and financial related matters
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting and finance with at least 2 years in a corporate finance position
- Possess a professional qualification such as CPA
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Experience and knowledge in accounting systems
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Strong initiative, responsibility, commitment, and willingness to learn
- Independent with excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Hyperion
- Experience in traditional sports leagues or teams
- Passion for video games
- MBA or CFA
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top