Manager, Esports Marketing
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a star marketer to join our award-winning video game company and lead marketing strategy and execution for Overwatch esports in China. We are seeking an experienced marketing manager who is passionate about creating and implementing large-scale marketing campaigns that foster loyal, engaged fans. The person in this role will work closely with the Senior Director of Esports to help build world-class marketing programs that establish the Overwatch as the premier global professional esports experience. The marketing manager will be responsible for supporting a wide range of marketing activities, including:
- Creation of annual marketing plan for Overwatch esports in China
- Promotional marketing of all Overwatch esports properties in China
- Website marketing and management
- Ideation and production of Overwatch esports shoulder content
- Management of Overwatch social media channels
- Providing marketing assistance to Overwatch professional clubs
- Maintenance of relationships with major gaming and esports media outlets (with support from PR team)
- Overseeing 3rd party event organizers’ marketing plans and brand usage
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic steward of marketing with excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in the gaming, consumer products, sports, entertainment, or lifestyle industries.
- Devise annual strategy for Overwatch esports in China; Establish and drive increased viewership and scale through effective marketing communications
- Create innovate marketing plans based on research, analysis and infinite knowledge of target audience; drive the implementation of marketing campaign including direct, online and offline advertising and promotions, consumer communication, promotional activities, shoulder content, PR, social media activations
- Manage operational tasks within the department critical path such as creating China agency strategy; effectively manage 3rd party agencies and suppliers as well as actively engaging and working with other internal stakeholders
- Partnership management including maintain close relationships with partner as well as manager / supervise and evaluate partners’ marketing plans and implementations; as well as establish good relations with key distributors.
- Work with 3rd parties on the ideation and production of shoulder content, including video and print
- Work with professional clubs to create marketing best practices that are shared across all teams
- Analyse and develop expertise in the market dynamics of designated product category including identifying internal and external sources of market knowledge (research companies, internal database / ECRM, internet, personal networking)
- BA/BS degree in Marketing or related field required
- Minimum 8-10 years professional experience in marketing field with proven ability to deliver outstanding and highly creative marketing achievements; strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- A proven, successful track record of increasing company revenue and awareness through well-executed marketing efforts
- Motivated and creative with the ability to self-manage and strong influencing and interpersonal / communication skills
- Team player to be able to work on multi-party projects with multiple teams and able to ensure that local project deadlines and budgets are met
- Profound knowledge of game products and industry technologies, future trends, and direction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluency in English
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top