Lighting Artist - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled lighting artist for Diablo. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone and mood and possess a thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on personal vision and conceptual illustrations. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Working with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Working closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate different production constraints with various lighting techniques, and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years' video game development experience, lighting a variety of game environments
- A portfolio, or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail, and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Thorough understanding of real-time, and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist
- Familiarity with DaVinci Resolve
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation
- Strong illustration or photography skills
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top