Licensing Manager, Hardline, Consumer Products
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Hardline Manager to oversee our Asia licensing programs. This role will oversee business and product planning for various licensing category across all Blizzard franchises. For licensing arrangements, this role supports potential and existing licenses by serving as the primary liaison and managing day-to-day relationships. This role will also oversee the business and product planning for directly manufactured products that are created for our online store, events, and other methods of distribution.
The ideal candidate has brand / product-management experience with an emphasis on inbound and outbound licensing, excellent organizational and time-management skills, and a strong sense of commitment to and personal ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them.
- Uphold Asia strategy in discussions with licensees and potential partners.
- Perform initial research and identification of growth opportunities in assigned categories.
- Compile and review business terms and licensing contracts with category manager.
- Prepare and produce sales material for distributor presentations and industry trade shows.
- Maintain and monitor product-approvals for assigned licensees
- Serve as the primary liaison and manager of day-to-day relationships between Blizzard and assigned licensees.
- Approve and route all assets for product design, planning, and marketing.
- Ensure cohesive support for licensed products by working closely with various internal departments such as: marketing, legal, creative development, quality assurance, production, public relations, web, and creative services.
- Review and approve quarterly royalty statements and monitor partner payment compliance.
- Request and submit Purchase Orders for the department.
- Request and manage process for miscellaneous contracts, including professional services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, content use licenses, etc.
- Communicate status update with head quarter category managers on a weekly basis
- Upload data into distributers databases on a seasonal basis.
- Handle company-wide sales / distribution of licensed goods.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Passion for toys and playing computer/video games
- 5+ years of licensing/product-management experience
- Ability to work and thrive in a globally oriented environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment with various internal organizations (such as creative development, marketing, legal, accounting, and international Blizzard teams)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intelligence, confidence, discretion, humility, and intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience in the entertainment/licensing industry
- International business experience
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top