Lead Telecom Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Lead Telecom Engineer to help in supporting Blizzard’s global telecommunications infrastructure. The ideal candidate is adept to providing world class operational support to enterprise telecom systems. He/She will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement telecom related technology solutions for Blizzard.
This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Ensure all global production telecom environments and related systems and services are available 24x7.
- First responder to incident and request tickets from Blizzard users and teams. These include adds, moves, changes, issues, etc.
- Basic call flow manipulation and management
- Primary support escalation point for critical outages and issues
- Supporting, maintaining and upgrading call managers with their associated publishers and subscribers, gateways, voice mail systems, contact center.
- Perform daily system monitoring and environmental health checks
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the corporate phone system and/or the global contact center including call analysis and investigations.
- Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration, and installation of complex telecom infrastructure.
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Responsible for reporting and analytics of telecom related KPIs (call volume, quality, drops, disconnects)
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability and provide training.
- Account management for Blizzard mobile carriers and vendors.
- Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on call rotation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of cisco telecommunications systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to cisco call managers, voice gateways, unity connection, contact center.
- Understanding of partitioning, calling search spaces, call routing and route patterns.
- Understanding of telecom technologies - T1/E1 PRI, SIP Trunking, Inter-cluster trunks, PSTN, VXML
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager 10+
- Experience with Cisco Unity Connection 10+
- Experience with Cisco UCCE
- Experience with Cisco CVP
- Experience with Cisco voice gateways
- Experience with cabling technologies - Category 5, Category 6, Single & Multi-Mode Fiber
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to generate reports in short notice using tools like Visio, Spreadsheets (or similar) and explain solutions and explain data.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Cisco Certifications (CCVP/)
- Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS
- Experience with CCMP
- Experience with Mediasense
- Experience with least cost routing
- Experience with ICM Scripting
- Experience with monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Prime Infrastructure, etc)
- Experience with Tandberg video conferencing systems
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- A passion for video games
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top