Lead Software Engineer, Tools - Shared Game Engine
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer, Tools - Shared Game Engine
Requisition ID: R002201
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You'll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to help build out our editor and tools for the shared game engine. Workflows and tooling are a critical component of how content creators interact with an engine, so our ideal candidate shares our passion for owning those experiences and making them a joy to use. You'll work with our team and others around the company to craft and ultimately deliver on that shared vision.
What you will do...
- Lead and grow the engineering team responsible for developing the core editing experience and other tooling and pipelines
- Understand content creator needs through direct collaboration, and support desired workflows and tools
- Serve as a mentor to engineers creating clean, maintainable, and performant C++ code
- Build positive relationships with partner teams and disciplines across Blizzard
To succeed, you must have...
- Experience in the design and implementation of game creation software
- Fundamental understanding of what makes great user interactions and experiences
- Communication skills for sharing ideas clearly, giving meaningful feedback, and listening to what others are saying
- Advanced knowledge of C++, both historical patterns as well as modern language features
- Understanding of what makes a good API for developers and users
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency
- Strong debugging skills
You're a great fit if your philosophy is to...
- Commit to doing things the right way, even when it's difficult
- Refine your work through iteration until you can deliver an epic experience/product
- Value diversity and differences in others
- Find simple and practical solutions by building on the ideas and work of others
- Ensure discussions include every voice that has something to say
- Enable technology that makes games accessible to every person who wants to play them
- Accept that frequent and quick failure is part of the path to success
We'd love it if you also have...
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Enthusiasm for writing code and engineering. We want reliable, fast, and above all: simple and easy to understand code
- Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
- Passion for gaming
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top