Lead Software Engineer, Tools
- Help develop the vision and drive technical excellence in the game’s tools and pipelines.
- Partner with our technical director to contribute to the technical direction for the tools team.
- Collaborate with the art, design and engineering teams to design and implement the tools that maximize their creativity and productivity.
- Ensure the tools team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish tools related tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers on the tools team.
- Serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- Experience and passion for tools development
- Fluent in C# and C++
- Experience using WPF
- User interface design experience
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Understanding of tools performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Passion for video games
- Previous experience working on first-person or other action-oriented games.
- Experience with a breadth of technologies such as source control systems, project generation tools, automation servers, logging protocols, network protocols, UI frameworks, compilers and linkers, cloud services, and distributed systems
- Experience with database technologies – SQL, NoSQL, database design, schema design
- Detailed knowledge of 3D graphics, animation, camera control, and lighting
- Strong debugging skills
- Computer science or related degree
- Familiar with Blizzard games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top