Lead Software Engineer, Tools
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer, Tools
Requisition ID: R004325
We are looking for a talented lead developer, who is excited about creating amazing tools and streamlined development experiences for our team. If you have a real passion for mobile development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success by developing epic experiences for our players.
You will lead a team of tools engineers to help enable the development of new features and systems for our game, coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, and other engineers. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the game direction, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience.
- Lead a team of engineers who collaborate with all disciplines across the company
- Work closely with designers, artists, and engineers to deliver tooling and automation
- Enable quick prototyping and rapid iteration through continuous integration and delivery
- Lead efforts to optimize content creation pipelines and workflow improvements
- Ensure game development pipelines are highly available, flexible, and simple to use
- Build performant, sustainable, and maintainable technologies, and code
- Coordinate with server and reliability engineers to build global deployment tools
- Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Commit to Quality"
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, .NET Core and Standard)
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Passion for developing cross-platform automation friendly command line driven tooling
- Experience with the Unity platform, performance analysis, and code optimization
- Experience with implementing robust CI pipelines using Jenkins or similar automation
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization for mobile platforms
- Previous experience shipping and supporting a Live product at global scale
- Developed software in a cloud-hosted environment (AWS, GCP)
- Real passion for mobile games, and/or games industry experience
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Avid mobile gamer
Back to top