Lead Software Engineer, Mobile Services
- Austin, TX
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer, Mobile Services
Requisition ID: R001955
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Lead to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Mobile Services team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ super powered engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment's games. Whether you're playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As the Lead Software Engineer on the Austin-based Mobile Services team, you will join a great group of veteran developers to be part of the growth and evolution of our mobile platform; powering mobile features such as push notifications, in app messaging, telemetry, player attribution and many more.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned technical leader and software engineer with previous experience developing/integrating scalable tech solutions for mobile games on iOS and Android, focused on working with constraints and writing performant code. You also know how to build and lead a team of engineers and mentor them on their career paths. You should enjoy working closely with engineers from outside teams to collaborate on solutions that benefit the entire platform.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
• Work with Product Management to develop a strategy for integrating new features and requirements in support of Blizzard mobile games
• Champion solutions that help build/identify mobile specific solutions for our mobile games
• Convert complex requirements into elegant working software
• Work with development partners to integrate with different parts of the portfolio
• Collaborate with other engineers, often remotely, to solve problems
• Create high-quality production code with automated tests
• Architect, implement and maintain new and existing services
• Champion quality and process improvements
• Champion and advocate mobile specific tools/technologies that impact mobile game development
• Mentor individual contributor software engineers, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
• 8+ years building scalable server applications
• 2+ years' experience in managing people and leading a team
• 4+ years in mobile game development
• Expertise in Java and/or Kotlin
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience developing clear and concise technical strategies for solving complex business challenges
• Ability to weigh the pros and cons of different architecture decisions and create a clear path forward
• Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure (OpenStack / AWS / GCP / Azure)
• Familiar with RESTful design principles and microservice architectural patterns
• Accustomed to maintaining a live service
• Understanding of general networking security concerns, TLS, OAuth2, OWASP, etc.
• Experience with build systems such as Maven, Gradle, or Jenkins.
• Experience building applications using Spring Boot
• Previous experience launching multiple mobile titles
• Previous work experience with mobile marketing tech
• Mobile development, notifications
• Data Modelling and SQL database expertise
• Experience with asynchronous programming methodologies such as Futures, Promises, and Reactive
• Experience with Docker
Battle.net & Online Products
Back to top