Lead Software Engineer, Graphics - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer, Graphics - Diablo IV
Requisition ID: R002976
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo 4! Are you a skilled Senior or Lead Software Engineer specializing in graphics and rendering? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you're looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Vision holder for real-time rendering, graphics, platform abstraction, relevant asset pipelines, off-line "baking" and all sorts of low-level systems that makes up the rendering component of our game.
- You are an architect, an analyst and a problem solver always looking for opportunities for improving our rendering engine and art pipelines making it the best it could be for Diablo 4.
- Managing, mentoring and nurturing a team of 5 software engineers setting them up for long term success both as a group as well as individuals
- You will not only will inspire the Graphics team to meet all established goals and requirements but also become a force multiplier for the rest of the development team.
- You are going to collaborate with artists and leads providing guidance how to best achieve their artistic vision
- Being involved in hands-on coding, adding new and expanding existing features, fixing issues as well as making our game more performant.
- Working with production staff and other leads of the Diablo team to prioritize tasks and track development.
- Ensure that your team adheres to established coding standards, development philosophies, and maintains efficient coding practices.
- Serve as an active partner within the larger Diablo team leadership group i dentifying technical risks and generating solutions
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams within Blizzard, build relationships and lead implementation of shared initiatives.
- You currently hold a senior software engineer position or higher
- Deep understanding of various rendering techniques, graphics hardware, rendering APIs, multi-threaded programming as well as strong grasp of mathematical concepts
- Strong programming skills in C++ as well as authoring shaders
- Passion for optimized code both in terms of processing cycles as well as memory footprint, experience profiling and refactoring code to run better both on the GPU and CPU
- A minimum of 5 years' programming experience with at least one shipped video game
- Need to have leadership potential or previous leadership experience
- Strong code review, interpersonal and communications skills
- Passion for lower level programming, validation, verification and software development with a service-oriented attitude
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Real passion for video games
- Expertise in Windows environment
- Experience with console development
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Visual arts aptitude
- Knowledge of Maya and its SDK
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Back to top