Lead Software Engineer, Graphics
- Help develop the future vision and drive the evolution of the engine that powers Heroes of the Storm.
- Partner with our technical director to contribute to the technical direction for the graphics team.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to achieve the overall vision of the game.
- Ensure the graphics team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish graphics related tasks and schedules.
- Partner with our engineering manager to evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers on the graphics team.
- Serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Previous leadership experience or leadership potential
- Extensive experience with current graphics / rendering technology
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Fluent in C / C++
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Deep understanding of tradeoffs in engine performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Familiar with supporting tools, such as exporters, terrain editors, and pipeline tools
- Comfortable working within, and analyzing / improving, an established code base
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A passion for video games
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for technology
- Familiar with Blizzard games
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top