Lead 3D Artist
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Lead Artist to help us guide the art vision and development for a new game experience for mobile. Your goal is to help develop the visual style of the game and combine inspiring art with great gameplay while actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
Day to day tasks
- Concept, model, and texture a diverse range of highly creative 3D art assets that push the possibilities of what an “epic entertainment experience” can be for one of Blizzard’s next games.
- Work closely with art, design, and production leadership to develop an art vision for the game while helping create a plan for authoring all game art content.
- Author final art content for this game.
- Help interview and staff the art team with highly talented artists who bring unrivaled and valuable new perspectives to the team and company.
- Help establish and maintain the technical requirements for authoring art and content for mobile platform.
- Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop inspiring art visions for this new Blizzard experience.
- You hold a minimum of 7 years' experience in game development using tools like Maya and Adobe® Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- You have experience shipping a game as an art lead or art director where you helped oversee the quality, scheduling, and implementation of a large portion of the art.
- You obtained a broad understanding of how 2D and 3D art including tech art, modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, and FX chip in to the overall art vision of a game.
- You know how to author production-ready game art and specialize in at least one area of concept art, modeling and texturing, animation, UI, or FX.
- You’ve hired exceptionally talented artists onto a team and helped them learn and grow through constructive art feedback and coaching.
- You have the technical aptitude to learn new tools and establish new art pipelines as needed to get things done.
- You love to collaborate but you can be highly independent when needed. Creating epic experience is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working together, especially on this small and nimble team.
- You geek out about being able to communicate with artists, engineers, and designers.
- You love video games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and taking them to the next level through your creations.
- You have passion for Blizzard games and appreciate the unrivaled approach to creating content for our game universes.
- Avid player of mobile games
- A passion for gameplay and design discussion
- Unity and mobile development experience
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be required
- Cover Letter (optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top