IT Events Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing and versatile Manager to lead the IT events team. You’ll be joining a small technical team focused on engineering, building, and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard events and eSports. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments to epic scale events like Gamescom or Blizzcon. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Lead the IT Events team to build a reliable, scalable and secure IT Events infrastructure.
- Work with our global teams and other internal teams to develop and execute innovative ideas to build a healthy IT events service.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Effectively communicate ideas, issues, status, and outcomes with the team and other leaders regionally and globally.
- Introduce best practices on team collaboration, engineering processes, testing, deployment, and support.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and coaching to senior and junior members of the team.
- Set individual work standards and goals, review progress, as well as manage performance and behavior of team members.
- Plan and secure relevant training and professional development for the team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners outside of Blizzard to ensure quality standards.
- Build and develop the team to operate in a positive culture mindset.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a team manager
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working on events
- Extensive knowledge in design, configuration and troubleshooting of IT infrastructures
- Knowledge of computer systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Proven experience to work autonomously
- Proven experience to adapt to rapidly changing situations proposing methodical solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding of the ITIL framework and Agile methodologies
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 30kg
- Able (and willing) to travel a minimum of 1 week/month
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Experience working for an IT Events organization
- Experience working in Gaming
- Passion for eSport
- Passionate player of games, particularly Blizzard Entertainment’s games
- Fluent in French and/or German
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top