International West Product Director
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize, and work to improve our games.
As part of Blizzard operations, the International West Product team will search out, prioritize and work with key stakeholders to implement growth opportunities across our international markets. In doing so the team will play a critical role in the development of international business and operational roadmaps, linking growth opportunities to key investments that build upon the success of our games and support Blizzard’s franchise strategies. This team will work closely with global marketing teams to support new products or expansions to market, evaluating and providing guidance on key aspects of publishing strategies, preparing return on investment analysis, and providing pin-pointed appraisals of new launches or game-critical changes.
Our team is currently looking for talented Product Directors that are innovative and driven, who are strong collaborators, with an ability to deliver and navigate complex projects in a matrixed, global organization. Above all the successful candidate will be passionate about video games with a dogged focus to bringing epic experiences to our fans.
- Be a voice of the regions on key deliverables, championing their needs when required by increasing the visibility of key initiatives to ensure internal prioritization and alignment.
- Collaborate with regional leadership and drive projects that identify, explore and evaluate key growth opportunities within and across franchises from inception through to executive decision.
- Input into an integrated multi-year global roadmap that prioritizes and maps out key business initiatives which support our franchise strategy and enable business growth.
- Lead cross functional teams that include business managers, business intelligence and financial resources to create, implement and refine business models, evaluate new markets and develop existing ones.
- Input into budgeting activities to develop short and long-term sales and activity forecasts, appraising new products ideas or launches and answering performance-specific questions and/or request.
- Assess and monitor market landscape trends by evaluating industry macro and micro trends, comparing franchise performance against peers, evaluating business models, game play, features and pricing.
- Ensure the vision, strategy and franchise roadmaps as built-out by our developers and global marketing functions are well-articulated and aligned across all international markets.
- Provide regional leadership with critical knowledge/advice from a business and game perspective that ensures publishing plans are thought through and aligned with headquarter functions.
- Compile and present franchise publishing plans to headquarter functions, and co-lead communication with the region to ensure approvals/reviews are in place for key regional initiatives.
- Proactively investigate, identify, provide visibility of key regional risks and considerations on all aspects of the franchise whether this be marketing, game-specific or live-ops related.
- Actively monitor game ongoing performance in regions, quality & stability, and maintenance of the game and related services are well delivered at Blizzard standard level.
- Passion for Blizzard games.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in up-stream marketing, strategy, business planning or consulting.
- A minimum of 3 years working in video game or hi-tech / internet industries.
- Adept strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to identify strategic insights and develop them into executable business strategies while managing ambiguity.
- Sound knowledge of product management, and demonstrated success in defining and launching products.
- Strong collaborator with sound project management skills that can demonstrate success in delivering and navigating projects in a matrixed, global organization.
- Excellent communication, especially to a diverse, global audience, including C-level executives, business, product (developer), technology and finance stakeholders.
- Proactive working style: take initiatives to improve process, proactively communicate with teams, follow-up on issues and bring deliverables to completion.
- Good knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail, seeking to deliver all tasks to the highest standard.
- Willing to travel up to a 20% dependent on priorities and project commitments.
- Shipped AAA PC titles
- Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top