International West Business Manager
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize, and work to improve our games.
As part of Blizzard operations, the International West Product team will search out, prioritize and work with key stakeholders to implement growth opportunities across our international markets. In doing so the team will play a critical role in the development of international business and operational road maps, linking growth opportunities to key investments that build upon the success of our games and support Blizzard’s franchise strategies. This team will work closely with global marketing teams to support new products or expansions to market, evaluating and providing guidance on key aspects of publishing strategies, preparing return on investment analysis, and providing pin-pointed appraisals of new launches or game-critical changes.
Our team is currently looking for talented Business Managers with a strong strategic and commercial flair to provide structured and quantitative analytical support to our Product Team. These individuals will be charged with identifying root causes and solutions to our international business’ most exciting product and business opportunities and may come from a business strategy, consulting or commercial background.
- Apply structured and quantitative analytical approaches to identifying root causes and solutions to our business’s most complex opportunities and challenges
- Use written communication and data to articulate key business problems, recommendations, and how they support our overall strategy
- Conduct industry benchmarking analysis, develop quantitative business cases leaning on internal and external data to provide fact-based decision support
- Support the prioritization, sequencing, and overall development of multi-year road maps, and presenting recommendations to internal stakeholders as required
- Get detailed on evaluating player behavior, product and business performance to ensure the continued success of our operations globally
- Take on a high tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and be flexible in supporting the wider business across roles, functions and across markets
- Desire to take on big challenges with significant growth potential
- Passion for games, particularly Blizzard games
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in strategy, business planning or consulting preferably in video game or hi-tech / internet industries
- Experience with using a quantitative approach to problem solving and recommendation development
- Experience with using proactive independent research to identify industry insights, best practices, and applicable recommendation areas
- Ability to engage and collaborate with peers, leadership, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including narrative, visual, and data analysis using PowerPoint, Tableau, and Excel
- Organized, with strong attention to detail, seeking to deliver all tasks to the highest standard
- Willing to travel
- Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top