International Operations Manager, China
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an intelligent and driven individual with the right mix of esports experience, business management skills, international operations prowess, passion for gaming, and experience working in Greater China markets to join the Blizzard esports team. This position will have a focus on China, so Chinese language skills are a big plus.
The ideal individual has extensive experience working with countries outside the US and is a superior facilitator of communications and decision-making around any given project, product, or franchise. The candidate must be someone who excels at building trust between teams, and works exceedingly hard to foster working relationships from different disciplines.
- Champion the planning and execution of global efforts to support regional initiatives
- Work with esports product teams to ensure international requirements are included in development; be the eyes and ears for the regions from the headquarters (HQ) team
- Understand the environment and needs of local markets in order to support business case development, priority discussions, and other initiatives with the global team
- Engage in creation of regional esports initiatives that ensure alignment with Blizzard’s esports business goals, franchise business goals, core values, and quality standards
- Serve as a resource dedicated to ensuring transparency, communication, and collaboration with the regions on all esports projects and initiatives in flight and in planning at HQ
- Drive data analysis and research to evaluate the performance of esports in the regions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 7 years direct work experience and 3 years in an international business operations / strategic role
- A Bachelor´s degree in Business or similar
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members
- Adept at developing both commercial and operational strategies to meet business goals
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority
- Comfortable with extremely dynamic and ever changing priorities
- Able for occasional travel, including international travel
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
- Active participant or leader within the Blizzard Esports communities
- Strong understanding of the sports industry, esports, and the broader media landscape
- Presentation, teaching, or other public speaking experience
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top