Blizzard Entertainment's Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) based out of Irvine, California and Cork, Ireland, provides proactive monitoring and incident management across all Blizzard games and services, 24/7, globally.
Our goal is to maintain high service availability for our players and employees in all regions, through rapid detection, isolation, and mitigation of any user-impacting issue. We do this through a combination of monitoring systems across our network, infrastructure, platform, and application layers, which are correlated in our event management system and then investigated by a team of operations engineers. A rigorous process ensures effective prioritization of incidents, and a team-based approach is applied to recover impacted services quickly.
The Incident Manager is responsible for the monitoring incident management, change management, problem management, and knowledge management functions that are required to keep Blizzard players in the game.
- Monitor and maintain availability across all Blizzard services;
- Serve as Incident Manager, driving rapid recovery and resolution;
- Lead projects across the global team to expand monitoring coverage and depth, increase mitigation capability, change awareness, and overall team effectiveness by proposing process improvements and automation;
- Collaborate with the global Operations Center team to identify opportunities and drive the adoption of new technologies and processes to fulfil the GNOC mission;
- Data-first approach in measuring success: establish reporting and analytics, tracking and monitoring of improvements against key performance metrics;
- A minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT;
- On-Call rotation support as required;
- Good understanding of operational best practices in monitoring, alerting, deployment and change policies;
- Experience with quantitative measurement and improvement;
- Ability to operate in a demanding, dynamic, but disciplined environment;
- Ability to maintain operational standards and hit performance targets;
- Ability to lead change and process improvement;
- Ability to effectively discuss, describe and translate highly complex topics with/to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Practical experience working across multiple teams;
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down across the organization;
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Travel as required;
- Operational experience in a mature, large-scale IT organization;
- Experience with network and infrastructure monitoring systems;
- Project Management experience;
- Incident Management experience;
- ITIL or other IT framework experience/certifications;
- Degree in computer science or a related IT discipline;
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top