Graphic Designer, Overwatch League
The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. It is slated to launch this winter.
We are looking for a talented and well-rounded graphic designer with motion graphics skills to support our marketing/community development department. The ideal candidate will craft and leverage the Overwatch League art style to create a wide range of art for multiple contexts and channels, including but not limited to logos, web/mobile graphics, social media, photography, videos, and overall marketing efforts.
This designer must be versatile in creating and manipulating art assets into polished, usable formats across the same wide range of media. Additionally, this designer must be flexible and enjoy working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage multiple overlapping deadlines. Prior experience with high quality media requirements for popular social media platforms is a requirement!
This position will report to the Director, Brand Marketing for the Overwatch League.
- Develop consistent design identity for the new Overwatch League from scratch, and align teams with creative guidelines through the league style guide
- Create assets for the Overwatch League website/mobile, social media, and other external communications with global and regional audiences in mind
- Create video assets for broadcast and streaming matches and other content
- Design quick-turnaround creative during matches that mirrors game play for social team to post
- Provide key assets to international Overwatch League teams
- Review and provide creative feedback to assets generated by Overwatch League teams
- Maintain knowledge of digital media requirements for social platforms and ideate new content opportunities
- Manipulate image and photo composition and perform basic paint-overs when necessary
- Collaborate closely internally with the Overwatch League Brand Director, Community Manager, and Social Media Manager, as well as externally with creative agencies
- A minimum of three years’ professional experience as a motion graphics/graphic designer
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, media art, video, photography or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of video editing principles
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best practices
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Exceptional eye for composition, contrast, and color
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with frequent priority shifts
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment and within an iterative design process
- May be required to work late shifts, weekends, and holidays as dictated by the Overwatch League season schedule
- Experience with the video game or sports industries
- Experience working on social marketing campaigns
- Experience with digital photography and/or machinima
- Traditional art skills experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games, particularly Overwatch
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Overwatch League
- URL or PDF of Portfolio
** Submissions without portfolios will not be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top