Job Title: Graphic Designer, Call of Duty League and Overwatch League (Temp)
Requisition ID: R005557
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a graphic designer for Call of Duty League and Overwatch League. You should bring your passion for video games, esports, traditional sports, lifestyle apparel, and broadcasting to your design.
Quality concepting, and hands-on design skills are a requirement. Additionally, the right candidate will have an awareness of current trends in marketing, online communication, sports broadcast, and new media. We are looking for a forward thinker that has a strong pulse on the Call of Duty League and Overwatch League design themes, strong typography skills, understanding of color theory, layout, and a good eye for composition. This role will dive into the established brand visual identity and will be handling successful implementation across multiple media platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of the hands-on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering Blizzard quality and standards in remarkably quick time frames.
This role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and development studios to produce high-quality assets, primarily static graphics. Typical end use will include, but is not limited to, editorial, social, marketing, internal, and occasionally in-game use.
This is an opportunity for a talented, hardworking and proactive individual to grow and develop in a fast-paced environment while contributing to a wide range of exciting franchises.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Create original graphics assets, including logos, key art, backgrounds, and cinemagraphs, for use in marketing, social media, and editorial projects
- Versioning assets to various specifications including resolution, aspect ratios, and file types for various viewing platforms
- Update existing Photoshop and Illustrator assets received from external sources
- Conform to project management and asset management standards
- Organize, archive, and back up projects
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Good knowledge of Illustrator
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute the creation of original assets for projects
- Level headed, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Experience with social media assets and digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize projects
- Technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Experience with 3D software, such as Cinema 4D, a plus
- Experience with Keynote and Power point a plus
- Video game industry experience a plus
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.