Global Research and Consumer Insights Manager
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a research and consumer insights professional that geeks out on uncovering the “why” behind consumer purchase decisions and marketplace dynamics. This research ninja will initiate and synthesize primary and secondary research into actionable business insights that drive the business forward. This role supports the global research efforts across a range of franchises and departments for Blizzard and therefore needs to be able to work cross‐functionally and globally. The position reports to the Director, Global Research and Consumer Insights.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- *Cover Letter which should include (Applications will not be considered without this):
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Work with publishing, marketing, and business operations teams to create actionable research that addresses strategic questions to drive data-informed decision-making
- Manage a wide variety of custom primary research studies from methodology design through final analysis and reporting
- Present research results, translating statistical data and qualitative insights into recommendations that various teams can both understand and act upon.
- Dive into internal data about Blizzard consumers to derive better understanding of our current and prior players in order to maximize marketing effectiveness, develop win-back programs, prioritize future content plans among many other actionable goals.
- Explore addressable audience segments and determine key trigger points for considering Blizzard games, services, and esports.
- Interact directly with senior management, marketing/publishing, business operations, esports, analytics, and others to provide intelligence based on consumer research.
- Manage and direct outside research suppliers
- 7+ years’ experience in consumer/market research and insights either at a research firm or client side consumer research function in entertainment, consumer technology, or media
- Bachelor’s degree in an area that offers value to this role such as psychology, economics, business, marketing, statistics, or a related field
- Well-versed in conducting custom research in entertainment, consumer tech, or media
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical mind
- A passion for gaming, the industry, and the gaming consumer
- Adept at uncovering actionable insights and stories within the data
- Loves rolling their sleeves up and diving into projects - could also do most research tasks yourself from the ground up yourself if needed
- Experienced presenting and communicating insights (not just data) to executives
- Has the ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent English speaker
- Graduate degree in psychology, statistics, economics, business, or a related quantitative field
- Proficient in SPSS, R, or other data analysis packages
- Experience with conducting research in Asia
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top