Global Digital Marketing Manager - Hearthstone
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Global Digital Marketing Manager - Hearthstone
Requisition ID: R002183
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional marketer to join our Digital Marketing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a smart, enthusiastic marketer with a lot of love for Blizzard and Hearthstone. The Tavern is open, pull up a chair!
As the Global Digital Marketing Manager for Hearthstone, you'll be the driving force behind the brand strategy, creative development and execution of content across a multitude of online platforms.
The Digital Marketing Manager will have a thought leadership position inside the organization as it relates to our mobile and PC Hearthstone players and approach to digital engagement. The ideal candidate will be an expert in digital marketing, knowledgeable about the gaming and/or entertainment space and looking to push the envelope with fresh, innovative ideas.
This position requires a collaborative spirit and ability to partner effectively with the different teams responsible for growing the Hearthstone franchise - Commercial Leads, Community Management, Consumer Marketing, Growth Marketing, Development, Creative Services, International Counterparts and external agency partners.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead social media strategy development and execution for Hearthstone across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, and YouTube
- Bring new and big ideas to the table, as well as collaboratively build on others' concepts to deliver game engagement and build brand passion
- Lead creative briefings and attend subsequent creative reviews to provide feedback and direction.
- Work effectively with internal Hearthstone cross-functional teams to drive 360 campaigns
- Drive social media reporting, insights and delivery through the use of analytics and tools including Google Analytics and Sprinklr
- Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach to reach KPIs across platforms and campaigns
- Develop and maintain the global Hearthstone social editorial calendar, aligning key stakeholders on posting strategy and execution
- Collaborate with digital teams internationally, assuring they are on board with global plans and are executing local campaigns on strategy and at the appropriate times
- 5+ years experience in social media - agency (or client-side equivalent) as a Social Strategist or Digital Marketer, including experience strategizing, producing, and executing complex campaigns
- Experience collaborating within a large organization, driving creative work with multiple departments
- Proficiency in leading or working alongside Paid Media campaigns
- Production experience working on video shoots for social content, as well as long-form video for digital
- Familiarity with the gaming industry, entertainment and overall enthusiasm for gaming
- Experience managing external agency partners on campaign strategy and execution
- Appetite for all things digital and social -- up to date on the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs
- Working knowledge of social platforms and tools such as Google Analytics and Sprinklr, as well as each platform's native analytics tools, is a plus
- Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders and all levels of management
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, related field or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top