Game Project Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly organized project manager with outstanding communication abilities and proven experience in project management to be based in China in coordinating and assisting the operation of World of Warcraft (WoW). The project manager will oversee WoW to interface with Blizzard headquarter (HQ) game development and franchise teams on regional initiatives while identifying and communicating regional needs. The ideal candidate shall have the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel. Strong game knowledge and product management experience in the game are required. The position will require the person to work closely with franchise brand managers in China publishing team and China operation team.
• Create and manage project schedules and work with franchise lead to see projects through to completion.
• Act as the central point of contact and as an information resource for the game development teams, China operation teams, and China publishing team for one or more game franchises; be accountable for the end to end user service in China.
• Provide China publishing team and franchise teams with critical knowledge/advice from a game and technical perspective to ensure China publishing plans are well thought through and aligned with our game franchises long-term success.
• Compile and present franchise publishing plans to HQ game franchise teams; lead communication on behalf of the region to ensure approvals/reviews are in place for key regional initiatives.
• Disseminate game development plans, product launch information, other game team updates as well as important changes from HQ to China publishing team and franchise team in a timely manner.
• Proactively investigate, identify, provide visibility of regional risks and considerations on all aspects of the launch; gather feedback, develop solutions and communicate to HQ with a sense of urgency.
• Actively monitor ongoing game performance in region with respect to quality & stability, and the maintenance of the game and that related services are being delivered to Blizzard standard.
• Maintain a strong awareness of China game trends, updates and needs in order to communicate them to HQ development and franchise teams.
• Passion for games, particularly Blizzard games
• Hard core player of World of Warcraft, very familiar with WoW players and community
• A minimum of 8 years’ product management experience with a minimum of 3 years’ working in video game or Hi-tech / internet industry
• Strong knowledge of product management, and demonstrated success in defining and launching commercially products
• Proactively working style: take initiatives to improve process, proactively communicate with teams, follow-up on issues and bring deliverables to completion
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese
• Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
• Good knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies
• Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standards
• Willing to travel
• Shipped AAA PC titles
• Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top