Pull up a chair and join us by the Hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Game Director who has phenomenal communication skills, proven experience in creative direction, strong ability in system design, a C’Thun card and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead Hearthstone into the future. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, you’ll be leading the charge for a highly talented team to continuously strive to make the game the best experience as possible. Experience driving and communicating a clear vision in a highly-collaborative environment, managing and mentoring creative designers, and being a true partner to Engineering, Art, Audio and Production is essential. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Be the vision holder for Hearthstone, setting the overall vision and direction for the game.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production, art, technical, and business directors to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Interact with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Partner with company leadership to align on goals and make sure all perspectives are represented.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Hearthstone.
- A minimum of 5 years leading or directing video game development.
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills.
- Proven ability to guide and inspire an industry leading development team.
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: engineering, art, design, audio, and production.
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization.
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top