Game Designer, Mission Design - Overwatch
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Game Designer, Mission Design - Overwatch
Requisition ID: R002995
The Overwatch team is looking for a talented game designer! You have two years of experience or more in mission design. You can create missions and player experiences that are fun, compelling, and work with the overall narrative. You can work with a team that constantly strives to find the fun, sharing ideas and assignments in a collaborative, iterative fashion to continually level up the game. You are experienced in game design and understand how to use existing game systems to their fullest to make great content. You are passionate about video games and knowledgeable of Overwatch.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with design leadership to create compelling new mission mechanics and objectives
- Work closely with environment artists, encounter designers, and gameplay engineers to create, implement, and polish missions around existing systems and mechanics
- Identify challenges with gameplay mechanics, game content, and workflow processes and find creative solutions
- Improves missions through feedback, iteration, and playtesting.
- 2+ years of experience in game design or related development experience
- At least one shipped AAA title in a design role associated with mission building/creation
- Strong sense for what makes a mission/game fun to play
- Able to script and integrate all the elements required to build a mission within a proprietary toolset
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Absolute passion for playing and making great games
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Advanced education in the creative or technical field of study
- Experience in designing cooperative and/or player vs. player experiences
- Knowledgeable about online gameplay
- Cover Letter
- Design portfolio is optional
- A design test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top