Game Designer, Commanders
The StarCraft 2 team is searching for a talented designer to help develop compelling new commanders for our Co-op Missions mode.
Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of StarCraft 2 and comprehensive experience in Co-op Missions’ diverse mechanics. Most importantly, we want someone who is deeply passionate about game design.
- Design compelling Co-op Missions commanders with unique game mechanics using StarCraft 2 design principles.
- Create high level commander concepts, progression upgrades, in game research, achievements, mastery power, and overall balance.
- Capture the fantasy of iconic characters in the StarCraft 2 universe.
- Continual iteration on the balance of commanders in the Co-op Missions mode, based on feedback from the team and community.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a game design role with at least one shipped title.
- Experience designing player characters, enemies, abilities, weapons, or power-ups.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games.
- Extensive knowledge of the StarCraft universe.
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Co-op Missions mode, and the mechanics of its many commanders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Multiple max level commanders in Co-op Missions, and/or a high Mastery level.
- Experience with the StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor or other game editors.
- Experience with scripting game logic.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include: Why you are interested in working at Blizzard, what games you are currently playing, and your experience with StarCraft 2.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top