Game Design Irvine, CA
Wanted: Creative, passionate Hearthstone game designer.
We are searching for a talented designer to join the ranks of our initial design team to design cards and characters that flesh out the charming, fun world of Hearthstone.
Candidates should have an in-depth knowledge of Hearthstone and working knowledge of card-game mechanics. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a true passion for game design.
A typical day involves implementing new cards in our scripting tool, adding temporary art to them, playing games with other designers, providing feedback, and designing new cards.
- Design compelling Hearthstone mechanics using Hearthstone design principles.
- Enhance the storytelling of Hearthstone using: card names, concepts, flavor text, and game mechanics that highlight the world, characters, and story.
- Implement cards using simple scripting languages.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Hearthstone’s tools, and contribute to the ongoing development of new tools for designers.
- Continual iteration on card design based on team feedback and playtests.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a game design role with at least one shipped title.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially with Blizzard Entertainment products and the Warcraft universe.
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of World of Warcraft's history and characters.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Multiple golden heroes in Hearthstone
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Creative writing background
- Technical/Computer Science background
- Artistic background
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include: Why you are interested in working at Blizzard, What games you are currently playing and Your experience with Hearthstone
· Design a single card with a paragraph on why they would be good for Hearthstone. Also include: An art description, Voice over lines and Flavor text. Please include this with your cover letter.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top