FX Artist - World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
World of Warcraft
Job Title: FX Artist - World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R002010
An FX Artist on World of Warcraft creates explosions, spell casts, ambient world effect and larger world destruction animations. You will be the bridge between art and design communicating gameplay ideas to the player all while creating a compelling visual storytelling experience. An FX Artist on the team should be swift and efficient along with having a skull full of great ideas.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create spells, creature attacks, explosions and more FX animations in the World of Warcraft FX style
- Strong hand painted texturing skill that fits within the larger world
- Ability to prototype and create block-out FX
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- Experience developing particle systems and geometry based visual effects
- Background in animation with an eye for timing is a plus
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- A demo reel link
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top