Arcane explosion and ancient healing! Claw and cleave! Bane of doom! The Hearthstone team is looking for an FX artist to create evocative visual effects in the fun and whimsical style that is synonymous with Hearthstone. You’ll develop real time effects from concept to implementation and work to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all of the effects in the game, working as a bridge between art and design to communicate gameplay ideas to the player while creating a compelling visual storytelling experience. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of color, texture, shape and timing as relates to FX and demonstrates an ability to sketch and story board to convey design ideas.
- Experience with creating consistently charming, eye-catching, real-time effects (FX) using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems.
- Skilled in developing effects that work across a wide range of system configurations (looks great on the newest graphics chips but still holds up on a variety of mobile devices)
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating beautiful visual effects that support gameplay
- Self-motivation, excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery synonymous with Hearthstone
- A passion for games
- Experience creating real-time, in-game VFX for a variety of platforms from desktop to mobile
- Familiar with the Unity game engine
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top