Franchise Lead - Hearthstone
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate franchise lead to join Blizzard Entertainment, Seoul in Korea.
The successful candidate will be passionate about video games, innovative and driven, and should enjoy working in a fun environment to bring epic experiences to our players.
The franchise lead will oversee overall Hearthstone publishing in KR, to deliver Blizzard Entertainment value proposition to our customers and interface with Blizzard internal stakeholders – Hearthstone franchise team, development team in headquarter(HQ), on local initiatives while identifying and communicating KR needs.
Strong game knowledge, publishing and project management experience in the game, internet or consumer products industry are required.
The ideal candidate should have worked across multiple markets; have very strong critical thinking, communication and influencing skills. The position will require the person to work closely with franchise brand managers, project managers, PR managers and Community managers in Korea.
- Responsible for P&L of the franchise – Sales FCST, ROI analysis and business modeling.
- Plan the franchise strategy for the franchise and take full responsibilities for overall publishing executes.
- Manage the franchise team and drive franchise performance in Korea from Marketing, PR, Community, live operations, and project management perspective.
- Closely work with international business, global publishing, and development team for efficient communication.
- Become a point-of-contact of the franchise in the publishing process among internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively investigate, identify, provide visibility of local risks and considerations on all aspects of the publishing; gather feedbacks, develop solutions and communicate to stakeholders with a sense of urgency.
- Actively monitor game ongoing performance, quality & stability, and maintenance of the game and related services are well delivered at Blizzard standard level.
- Maintain a strong awareness of local game trends, updates, and needs in order to mitigate any possible risks and communicate them to stakeholders in local and HQ development and business teams.
- Passion for games, particularly Blizzard games
- A minimum of 8 years’ publishing, marketing or product management experience with a minimum of 3 years’ working in video game or Hi-tech / internet industry
- Strong knowledge of product management, and demonstrated success in defining and launching commercially products
- Proactively working style: take initiatives to improve process, proactively communicate with teams, follow-up on issues and bring deliverables to completion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Ability to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly.
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Good knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standards
- Willing to travel
- Shipped AAA PC game
- Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top