Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst at its Irvine, California headquarters. This individual will assist with the company's forecast and annual budgeting processes. In addition, this person will provide financial strategic support to management including preparing financial presentations, financial analysis, and other projects requested by management.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including, but not limited to, monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data. Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long range plans.
- Assist in the development and production of monthly dashboard reports, providing regular updates on YTD, QTD, and MTD performance to management.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlight trends, and analyze causes of unexpected variance.
- Analyze and compare regional marketing spends and determine ROI on various marketing initiatives or projects.
- Support management team and department heads with ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials for management.
- Additional departmental duties as needed and assigned, of which the above are representative.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related areas
- A minimum of 3 years accounting & finance experience, preferably at a publicly traded company
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
- Excellent organizational skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Team player capable of communicating and collaborating across global and cross-functional partners
- Solid knowledge of general accounting and financial planning
- Able to vary work hours as needed to interface with global teammates
- Able to work independently, with limited direction
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion and Tableau
- Experience in video game, software, or entertainment industries
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment products and MMORPGs
Prior experience in marketing analytics
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- **Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top