Finance Manager, Consumer Products
Through our key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
The Consumer Products division is looking for a Finance Manager to provide financial leadership and support to our growing finance needs as we build our business around the core franchises and esports initiatives. This position will report to the Vice President, Finance and Strategy and primarily support the Blizzard Entertainment Consumer Products organization in the areas of financial operations, financial planning and analysis and accounting. The position will also support Activision Blizzard Consumer Products with ad-hoc business analyses, research projects and internal/external presentations as needed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Help support business unit operational finance functions (e.g. managing financial statement models, profit-by-product financials, scenario planning, sensitivity analysis, as well as overhead and capex)
- Coordinate and support financial planning and analysis functions including forecasts, annual operating plans, long-term plans, KPI analysis, variance analysis, and preparing for various stages of executive review
- Support corporate accounting and reporting functions including quarterly closes and financial reporting for CFO reviews
- Help perform ad-hoc business analyses, research projects, financial model consolidation and strategy presentation work as necessary
- Work with and support Blizzard Entertainment finance and accounting as well as Consumer Product finance leads to provide day to day support of the business.
- Consolidate and align revenue recognition and inventory management processes enterprise wide as well as finance and accounting needs, and help implement new processes as the business grows
- Manage planning forecasts in Hyperion (Revenue, Opex, Capitalization and Amortization, etc.) and leverage Essbase / Smartview to develop efficient reporting of quarterly results
- Liaise with various Corporate shared services teams as necessary (e.g. FP&A, Accounting, Legal, etc.)
- Routinely evaluate existing controls, policies and procedures and proactively engage in best practice planning to support business continuity and growth.
- Minimum bachelors’ degree in finance, accounting, business or another related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience working in finance, accounting or related area
- Experience serving as a financial approver for budgetary requests (i.e. requisitions)
- In-depth knowledge of accounting rules and policies to properly interpret and determine applicable accounting treatments
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Highly capable self-starter with excellent judgment, high accountability and professional maturity
- Flexibility to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in and drive for results as a team player
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Hyperion (Essbase, Planning, HFR), OIBEE and Oracle R12 preferred
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top