Facilities Coordinator - Temp
Are you collaborative, communicative, and enjoy working with your hands? Would providing facilities support to some of the world’s most talented studio team fill you with pride? Do you thrive in a fast past environment? If so, we're looking for you!
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an organized, motivated, and professional facilities coordinator to provide support to all the studios within the Burbank Arena facility under the general supervision from the Blizzard Arena Manager. This coordinator will work with cross functional teams within the arena and manage the maintenance, facilities, equipment, and offices. They will also plan and schedule facility modifications, ensure compliance with government health and safety standards, review / analyze proposals for capital projects and advises senior management on acceptance. In addition the ideal candidate will manage projects to ensure compliance with budgets and contracts, service contracts agreements and may have responsibility for maintenance of organization’s vehicles.
All of the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure that the core operating values and the strategic direction of the facility are adhered to.
- Coordinates with vendor / building management company to provide maintenance and repairs of facilities.
- Respond to employee reports of facilities issues; escalate to vendors as needed and communicate daily with employees regarding repairs that impact them.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of staff or vendors involved in design, construction coordination, modification, or maintenance in the studios.
- Coordinate repairs and upgrades to minimize interference with production or events.
- Develops plans and programs for preventative maintenance and facility and equipment requirements.
- Implements and monitors Blizzard facility standards (ergonomics, FF&E).
- Evaluates proposals and bids for various design, contracting and follow up services, as needed.
- Investigates and evaluates new material, systems equipment or items which may otherwise benefit the arena in its facilities programs.
- Able to to provide guidance within area of responsibility, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Oversee storage and office configurations
- Travel between locations as needed to ensure sound operations and facilities
- Complete monthly site inspections and maintain record of such
- Serve as primary point of contact for Arena afterhours emergency and must respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Oversee and track parking needs and partner with HR for new hires / changes
- Troubleshoot problems related to access to parking spots
- Schedule and monitor work with locksmith, maintain all office keys in relationship to interior offices and physical structure of commercial office building, secure and maintain inventory of all issued access keys.
- Arrange work schedule or required hours to the benefit of the Arena.
- Able to to interact productively with internal / external customers.
- Able to to handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment with fluctuating priorities.
- Required to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be available 24 hours / 7 days a week. as required including availability for rotating weekend and holiday coverage.
- Must work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Oversee completion of daily job duties as well as projects.
- Ensure professionalism and high level of customer service at all times.
- Maximize use of resources and staff time.
- Must be able to move about the office / building as required to fulfill duties.
- Conduct all functions in accordance with Blizzard Arena guidelines, policies, procedures and ethical standards
- Attend staff meetings, company-wide meetings, trainings, and other meetings as assigned
- Executes basic break / fix tickets and supports / contacts vendor on case a by case basis. Able to take very detailed direction at all phases of assignments
- Makes decisions without consulting manager regarding minor decisions in performance of daily facility and maintenance tasks
- Able to interact with contractors and vendors
- Must be able to effectively coordinate with departments and vendors for on-site events
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 3 years prior facilities experience
- Must be able to list over 50 pounds
- Must be able to safely use hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment
- Valid California driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation required
- Must be open to commute to Blizzard headquarters in Irvine
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Access a plus
- Sensitivity to working with culturally diverse populations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience working in property management and / or tenant coordination
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What games you are currently playing?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top